Monday, August 05, 2024

2024 Wildfire Season: All Survived Helicopter Accident

 I do know that there are survivable aviation accidents, including those affecting the wildland firefighting community. However,  I am rarely in the position to have information to share with you on an aviation accident where all on board survived. Today I do, thanks to Bureau of Land Management Fire that I will share with you at the end of this post.  My understanding is that a Bell 407 helicopter carrying a helitack crew had to use autorotation for an emergency landing after an in-flight emergency. Kudos to the pilot. I am thankful that all onboard survived.

As soon as I saw the post from the Bureau of Land Management Fire, I knew that I had to share this with you. It is so special to be able to share about an accident where all survived. Perhaps some of the survivors are experiencing some psychological effects from surviving the accident, in my opinion that would be understandable.


No comments: