Friday, August 25, 2006

Thoughts on flood mitigation

I should be clear that while I have been following the aftermath of the recent floods in local media and various websites, and live not all that far from the Delaware River, I am not a resident of one of the river towns. Nor have I attended any meetings where residents of river towns may express their views on either Corzine's flood mitigation strategies or the final draft of the Delaware River Flood Mitigation Task Force.

The question that I have been thinking about is what do the residents of the river towns (those towns on the Delaware River) think of these two sets of strategies? I don't have an answer for this. If there happens to be anyone reading this blog who lives in any river town affected by the floods who would care to comment, I'd love to hear from you. Of course, I don't want to leave anyone out, I'd like to hear from you, no matter where you live, regarding any thoughts you might have on these flood mitigation strategies or the strategies of adjoining states.

No comments: