Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good night Irene



Good night Irene, and good riddance. I never loved you.

But I grew up with Pete Seeger, heard him in concert once with Arlo Guthrie some, oh never mind. It was a long time ago. It somehow feels fitting to embed this video here.

NJ is not the only State impacted by Irene. But at the moment, I can only think about NJ. So bear with me. We will be experiencing major flooding in NJ over the next couple of days. Some 800,000 people without power here, most of them on the shore. My county in northwest New Jersey has about 31,000 people without power as I write this, not bad all things considering.

I waited to post this until the NWS lifted the tropical storm warning for my county. Which they just did. Hardly any rain to speak of after about 7 AM, but the wind started the kick in on the back side of Irene. So, I sat in my house listening to sometimes 35 mph winds gusting.

I'll be looking for some videos tomorrow to show you. I have written about prior floods in NJ, so I'll follow suit for the next couple of posts at least.

No comments: