Friday, August 19, 2011

Update on Idaho wildfires and wildfire in OR

In my wonderings on the internet earlier today, I noted a report on the Tin Pan Peak Fire in SW Oregon, I'm uncertain of the acreage burned at this time, I think it was around 400 acres or so. I saw on this wildlandfire hotlist thread a report from very early this morning that Butler's DC-7 tankers T-62 and T-66 (on contract with Oregon) worked the fire yesterday along with a helo and bucket.

Back to the wildfires in Idaho from earlier this week. At this point, the best update that I could find for you comes from inciweb. Inciweb is reporting here that all Boise BLM fires originating from the lightening storms last weekend are now contained.

I know from my friend that SEATs, a P-2V, some helos and one or two Conair CV 580 airtankers on loan from Canada worked the wildfires in and around Boise earlier this week.

Outdated links removed (8/2/15).

No comments: