Monday, June 29, 2015

Public Safety Video from NIFC on danger of UAS/drones near wildfires

When I wrote my two posts last week (June 24th and June 26th) about the danger of UAS/drones flying near wildfires, I did not know about this wonderful short public safety video produced by the National Interagency Fire Center. Thanks to the wonderful reporting of Bill Gabbert of Fire Aviation, I only learned of this video just this morning (see Bill's June 26th post. Too bad that I only learned of this video after making those two posts on UAS/drones last week, the video would have made a nice companion to either article. Oh well, such is life.

The video is short, about 30 seconds, and well worth watching, and sharing. Note I updated the embed code for this video as the original code was no longer working.

direct link to video from NIFC on Youtube

No comments: