Wednesday, September 09, 2015

A little more about the New Jersey Forest Fire Service crews who worked out west

As you may know, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service sent two crews out west to help fight the western wildfires, see my articles of August 21st and August 22nd for more information. The ground crews did two week rotations. I believe that one crew is back and according to today's (September 9th) Eastern Area Interagency Resources Representative report, a daily report of crews currently assigned outside the Eastern Area, the second NJFFS crew was working a wildfire in California is in the process of being demobilized. I am very proud of the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) Crews that have been helping our friends out west fight wildfires. I know that our help was appreciated and I want to say thank-you to those of you who were working the wildfires out west.

I thought that you might be interested in a nice article about the NJFFS crews that worked out west: New Jersey forest crews accept challenges anywhere in U.S. by James M. O'Neill of The Record (September 7th). You will learn a little about what life is like on the fireline while they were working wildfires out west as well as what they do for us here in New Jersey. I hope that you take a few moments to read this article. It will be well worth your time.

No comments: