Wednesday, September 23, 2015

wildland firefighting: aerial and ground resources working together

I had something else in mind for today, but it wasn't exactly working out. I decided to take a little more time on that post.

I decided to show you some video of ground and aerial resouces working together to fight a wildfire. I had bookmarked this video (below), and think it will do the trick. This is footage shot on August 16th (2015) by durlingmeda of a brush fire in Montebello CA. I love this video because you see groundpounders, a dozer or two and tankers and helos working this fire. Everyone working together to contain the fire. Forgive me if you have seen this video before, I may have shared it last month on my video of the week page. But those videos are only up for a few days before I post another one. What I share here has some more permanance.


direct link to video 

No comments: