Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Reflections on the wildland firefighters fighting the western wildfires

I have been thinking a lot about all the wildland firefighting crews on the ground fighting the wildfires out west. Never having been any kind of firefighter, I can't imagine what it is like for them. Fortunately, I have a couple of sites with some great photos of some of these wildland firefighters that I'll share with you in a moment.

I'd like to be able some apprropriately worded reflections for you to go with the title of the blog post. However, I don't think that I have the words. But I do think that photos are more appropriate. A famous proverb applies here, one picture is worth a thousand words.

Last night I was the on the King5 (western Washington) website when I came across a wonderful photo gallery of still photographs of some of the wildland firefighters that have been working the Chelan wildfires in Washington. I just have to share this with you. My favorite photo is the first photo that you will see. Knowing that inciweb often has photos on their incident pages, I am also sharing the photopage link for the Okanagon Complex.

King5 Photo Gallery: Heros on the fire lines
Inciweb-Okanogan Complex Photographs

Thank-you all wildland firefighters, on the ground and in the air and your support crews. Stay safe.

No comments: