Monday, October 19, 2015

Hidden Pines Fire (Bastrop, TX) Oct 19th update

I want to provide an update on the Hidden Pines Fire in Bastrop County, TX that I wrote about on October 16th. As I write this, the acreage burned remains at 4,582 acres at 60 percent containment. See Inciweb's Hidden Pines incident page (last updated about 2:45 PM EDT. Air resources working currently working the fire, but are not necessarily limited to SEATs, and helicopters with buckets (including National Guard Blackhawks). I know that a DC-10 tanker worked the fire on Friday, I don't know if she is still working the fire.

KXAN, however, is reporting that the fire is 100 percent contained with evacuations still in place see this video (with a report and a map) from KXAN. More than 50 homes have been destroyed according to KXAN.

More information on the Hidden Pines Fire:



No comments: