Monday, July 09, 2018

Winter Hill Fire Lancashire UK

I do my best to try to follow wildfires in other parts of the world. I came across a video from the United Kingdom recently, thanks to my friends at the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page. The video shows footage of a wildfire known as the Winter Hill Moorland in Lancashire County England. I understand that Lancashire is in eastern England


Direct link to video from LancashireFire

I went looking for more information about the Winter Hill Moorland Fire and it did not take long for me to find the website of the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Squad. I found an update dated July 9, 2018, the fire is contained to an area of about 8 square kilometers or about 1,976 acres. I also found a video about from Lancashire Fire dated July 8, 2019. According to an article from the Independent (UK), there was an arrest made of a suspected arsonist.


Direct link to video from LancashireFire

No comments: