Wednesday, August 08, 2018

NJ Forest Fire Service 2018 crews and engine deployment (Aug 8th)

For the past few days I have been posting about the NJ Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) crews and type 4 enginse that are deployed in the western United States, see for example my August 4th update, my update on August 6th on NJS#2, and my update on August 6th about the two type-4 engines at BLM Elko Nevada Wells Fire Station. To the best of my knowledge the status of these resources are unchanged.

For all of my friends from the NJFFS who are working these fires or working initial attack at Elko, thank-you for all you do. I am glad that you are helping out. That is what mutual aid is all about. While New Jersey has not recently had any fires requiring mutual aid from out of state, we have had several weather events that lead to massive power failures, where utility crews came from across the United States to help us.  





No comments: