Monday, August 20, 2018

NJ Forest Fire Service 2018 engine deployment (Aug 20th): Carr Fire

Two type-4 engines from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) continue to be assigned to the Carr Fire (near Redding and Shasta/Trinity California). As I write this the Carr Fire, burning in and near the National Park Service Whiskeytown National Recreation area. As I write this the Carr Fire has burned 229,651 acres and is at 88 percent containment. According to post on Facebook from the NJFFS A2 Firefighters Association on August 19th, the two NJFFS type-4 engines are a part of strike team with engine crews from: New Jersey, Oregon, Arizona, Michigan, Colorado, and a firefighter from New Zealand.  I thank all of the members of this strike team for the work you are doing fighting the Carr Fire. 

My friend, Ed Seifert from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service for sending me several great photos from the NJFFS engine crew. All the photos are courtesy of Kenny Lunden.  I believe that the photos were taken on or about August 18th. These are great photos and will take you inside and up close to the Carr Fire as seen by the NJFFS engine crews. Thanks to Kenny for the great photos. Thank-you Ed Seifert from sending me these photos so that I can share them with you here.

I am so very proud of the whole strike team with a special shout out to the the NJFFS wildland firefighters from New Jersey. Thank-you for your service and stay safe.












No comments: