Wednesday, August 01, 2018

NJ Forest Fire Service 2018 crew and engine deployment (Aug. 1st)

I am still interested in following New Jersey Forest Fire Service crews and engines deployed to wildfires in the Western United States. I was aware, thanks to my friends at the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page and the NJFFS A2 Firefighters Association Facebook Page (NJFFS A2) (see for example this post on the crew deployed to the Red Canyon Fire in Colorado and a post about two more engines currently enroute to Idaho).

Knowing that the New Jersey Forest Fire Service has crews and engines deployed or on their way to work wildfires out west, I was looking for one place where I could find information to share with you. I poked around on the Eastern Area Coordination Center website and found a resource summary (dated August 1st) that lists all crews and engines from the eastern area that are committed to wildfires outside the eastern area. I suspect that this page is updated daily while resources are deployed outside the area, so what you see may be different. Engines and crews from New Jersey deployed outside the eastern area are:

I am honored that these wonderful men and women from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service, and their engines (as applicable) are helping fight these wildfires out west. I am proud of all of you. Stay safe. 

No comments: