Monday, April 06, 2020

Welcome to April and the 2020 spring wildfire season in New Jersey

This is the time of year that the spring wildfire season here in New Jersey kicks in. While I have no official word that we are in the spring wildfire season, I know from the years that I have been writing this blog that the spring wildfire season begins around the first week of April, give or take a few days. Last week we were a bit chilly with some days of rain.

We are in a new world with Covid-19. As I am always thinking and meditating on my friends who fight wildfires here in New Jersey on the ground and in the air, I am also wishing that all of you stay as safe as you can be during these times. While I know that you are dedicated to what you do, to keep us here in New Jersey safe from wildfires, please stay safe and well. At least as much as you can during these times. I know that you will respect whatever you are told to do on the fireline to adhere to any infectious disease protocols.

Today is a high fire danger day here in northern New Jersey. No special weather statements have been issued yet for increased wildfire danger in New Jersey nor have any red flag warnings been issued. I will post about it here if and when such watches and warnings are issued.

Fire Danger in New Jersey: April 6, 2020 (info in link below changes daily)
Obtained on April 6. 2020 from https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/fire/firedanger-restrictions.htm

No comments: