Wednesday, July 22, 2020

2020 wildfire season: ground and aerial assets fight a small brush fire in southern california

Thanks to my friends at the NJ Forest Fire Service Section B10 Homepage who post several videos of the week each weekend showcasing wildland firefighting action. I spent some time today looking for some nice footage to show you of air tankers and helicopters working wildfires, assisting the wildland firefighters on the ground. I admit to focusing on larger wildfires that I know of but found nothing that I wanted to show you. I kept looking and found this nice seven minute video on the NJFFS Section B10 Videos of the week page. It was perfect, showing tankers and helos and some firefighters on the ground. The plus is that they were working a small two-acre brush fire, probably on initial attack. I do not know the final figures for this particular fire, but that does not matter. What matters is that aerial and ground assets were working a very small brush fire. You will want to read the about this video section in the direct link below. The CAL Fire Riverside unit responded to this fire that burned near Perris, California (Riverside County) east of Los Angeles in July 2020.


No comments: