Monday, August 03, 2020

2020 wildfire season: out of state NJFFS deployments.

Most every year some crews from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) are ready to be deployed out of state to help with wildfires in other parts of the United States. The first call of the season came over the weekend, and on August 2nd, a 10-person module from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJ storm) left for Cheyenne Wyoming. I thank the folk at NJFFS Section B10 (Facebook) for making this known to us. 

It is not important that I know no details of their assignment. What matters is that they are needed, and will pitch in to work a wildfire in the Cheyenne Wyoming area, or perhaps to help out in another capacity. I may know some basic information later from the Eastern Area Coordination Center, and when and if I do I will provide an update. 

I wish the NJFFS module the best as they travel and then work whatever their assignment is. NJFFS NJ Storm module, thanks for your service and stay safe.

P.S. Updated on August 4th at 9:20 AM EDT. We are due to see the impacts of Tropical Storm Isaias this afternoon, August 4th. I hope to set up a post for Wednesday in a little while, but if I don't then you will know why

No comments: