Monday, August 24, 2020

Update on fatal collision of two SEATs (August 20th) pilots identified

I wrote about the fatal mid-air collision of two single-engine airtankers over the Bishop Fire near Caliente, Nevada on July 31st. The Nevada Office of the Bureau of Land Management updated their press release about the crashes on August 20th to add the names of the two pilots killed in the fatal mid-air collision. They are David Blake Haynes and Scott Thomas.

David and Scott, I offer my prayers for your families, colleagues, friends and all who loved you and are mourning your loss. You were making drops on the fire to help the firefighters on the ground and to save lives. The sacrifice you made while flying the Bishop Fire will not be forgotten. I know that you are flying in favorable winds. Please know that I will always remember your sacrifice and that of your tankers.

No comments: