Monday, November 30, 2020

2020 wildfire season: a news report about an NWS IMET talking about an Oregon wildfire

 Thanks to my friends at the NWS Incident Meteorologist Facebook page who shared a great news report about one of their IMETs, Tom Wright. At the time this report on KEZI in Eugene Oregon aired on or about November 24th, Tom was working as an IMET on a wildfire in Oregon. Tom is a NWS Meteorologist in the NWS Medford OR Weather Forecast Office. You will be taken through a normal day in the life of an IMET. I learned a lot from this video, learning a little more about soundings and about the kestrel instrument that he uses. I am never quite sure how long a broadcast news station will keep the video and the report up on their website, but I think that this will be up for awhile. On June 23, 2021, I noticed that the video that I had embedded is no longer available, but the November 24th KEZI news report and may be found here.


No comments: