Monday, November 02, 2020

A behind the scenes look at helibase operations

 I have posted extensively over the years about the variety of things that helicopters do aid wildland firefighters during and after wildfires. The helicopters may be based at a permanent or a temporary helibase. I was quite interested when I came upon this video offering me a behind the scenes look at one helibase operation. I knew that some of you would be interested as well. 

Watch and listen to Helibase Manager Trainee Jerek Bickford of Montrose Helitack offer a behind the scenes look at helibase operations for the Cameron Peak Fire. As I write this, the Cameron Peak Fire has burned 208.913 acres in the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee Grassland. The fire has been burning for over two months. To read more about this fire, check out this link of tagged files from Bill Gabbert's Wildfire Today website.

Matt this if for you, you would love this. RIP and I know that you flying with the helos in favorable tail winds.


Direct link to video from the Cameron Peak Fire Channel


No comments: