Friday, November 13, 2020

2020 wildfire season: wildfire in Delaware State Forest, Monroe County PA


Direct link to video from PAHomepage

Thanks to a friend from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service who alerted me to the video I shared above about a wildfire that was first reported on Saturday, November 7th near Paradise Township in the Delaware State Forest in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. The fire, which burned on the order of 800 acres in the Devils Hole area of the Delaware State Forest, burned for three days before being brought under control on Tuesday, November 10th. Arson is suspected. Thanks to all the wildland firefighters who worked to fight this wildfire and kept residences and businesses safe. Kudos to all.

I am not exactly intimately familiar with this area of Pennsylvania but in years past, but many years ago I used to drive through this area a couple of times a year on the way to visit family. And a couple of my pilot friends have taken me on scenic airplane rides over the nearby Poconos in Pennsylvania. I have never been to Delaware State Forest, but perhaps I will take a trip there next spring. 


No comments: