Sunday, March 14, 2021

2021 NJ wildfire season: two wildfires in northwest New Jersey (March 12 and 13)

The information about the two brush fires that I write about here is possible because of information shared by the North Jersey Wildland Fire Association on March 14. They shared information from the local fire departments who responded which I share below. The Quakertown NJ Fire Company-91 Fire/Rescue responded to a brush fire in Hunterdon County on March 12, one of a few brush fires they have responded to in the last week. On March 13, the IAFF Local 4895 Hillsborough Fire Marshals reported on a 1.5 acre brush fire in Hillsborough, Somerset County NJ.

I always try to give you some options if your browser extensions block the embedded posts. I have been having trouble getting the links to the two fire companies public Facebook posts to work on some of my browsers, I am sorry if this affects you. To that end, I have provided a brief summary of each brush fire in the text. 

I am sure that there were other small wildfires in NJ over the last couple of days, I only know about these two brush fires.

I was out on a drive in rural New Jersey on Friday, March 12 with a friend and saw the response, including a NJFFS truck, to the wildfire below in Franklin Township, Hunterdon County NJ. See this short report from News12NJ, it seems that an arching power wire may have been the cause of this 3 acre wildfire with multiple fire departments and the NJFFS responding. Structure protection was in place, no damage to houses. The post that I embedded below is from the Quakertown NJ Fire Company-91 Fire/Rescue (March 12).


Yesterday, March 13, there was a small brush fire (1.5 acres) in Hillsborough, Somerset County NJ. The brush fire was near some railroad tracks. Multiple local fire departments and the NJFFS responded and the fire was put out. The IAFF Local 4895 Hillsborough Fire Marshals (March 13) shared about this brush fire in a post that I embed below.


No comments: