Friday, March 19, 2021

2021 wildfire season: a word about other brush fire activity in NJ in early March

 While I was focusing early this week on the brush fire that burned 167 acres in Lakewood NJ (see for example my late afternoon article on March 15th), I was aware that there were many smaller brush fire in New Jersey last week. As I write this on March 19th, it seems that the New Jersey Forest Fire Service is in the process of updating their website. They are pretty good at statistics, so I am sure that in a few weeks, they will have fire statistics on their website. News reports on other brush fire activity is scarce but I did save a link to a New Jersey Advance Media report from March 15th on multiple brush fires in New Jersey. I did see, but failed to save reports about multiple brush fires in New Jersey last week. So, you'll have to trust me. I write this to give a shout out to all the New Jersey Forest Fire Service wildland firefighters, mutual aid responders, and contract aircraft who worked brush fires large and small. Thank-you for your past service and for your service in the coming weeks and months to keep us in New Jersey safe from wildfires. The spring wildfire season in New Jersey is or soon will be upon us here in New Jersey. Who knows what this spring wildfire season will bring. But we in New Jersey are in good hands.


When the New Jersey Forest Fire Service finishes updating their website, I will write about on this blog, so stay tuned.

No comments: