Friday, March 12, 2021

2021 wildfire season: update on prescribed burning season in NJ

 Recently, I have been posting about the 2021 prescribed burning season in New Jersey. Weather permitting, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service has been conducting prescribed burns in New Jersey. I do not know of any prescribed burns conducted by the New Jersey Forest Fire Service today, March 12th, or yesterday, March 11th. I do know that there has been elevated fire danger (not Red Flag Warnings) yesterday and today. So if indeed there were no prescribed burns on either of these days, elevated fire danger is likely why because of safety considerations. However, I should say, that as I rely on the New Jersey Forest Fire Service's Facebook page for information on prescribed burns, it is likely that there are prescribed burns that I do not know about. As I understand it, prescribed burning season in New Jersey runs through March 15th. In past years when the weather has not cooperated, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) has extended prescribed burning season for a few days. 

In the meantime, I leave you with a couple of videos from the NJFFS Section B10 of past prescribed burns.

Direct link to video from the NJFFS Section B10


Direct link to video from the NJFFS Section B10

No comments: