Wednesday, August 18, 2021

2021 wildfire season: Greenwood Fire (Minnesota)

I do try to pay attention to significant wildfires in the eastern area of the United States and I recently found out about a significant wildfire burning in northeast Minnesota.. The Greenwood Fire burning in the Superior National Forest near Greenwood Lake was reported on Sunday, August 15th. As I write this the wildfire has burned 3,200 acres, evacuations are in place. Aerial resources are being used to aid the wildland firefighters on the ground. I would like to thank the NJFFS B10 for pointing me to the YouTube video from WCCO, CBS Minnesota that I will share below. There is a nice article dated August 17th about the fire from the Twin Cities Pioneer Press (paywall), thanks to Mike Archer of Wildfire News of the Day who pointed me to the Twin Cities Pioneer Press reporting on the Greenwood Fire.


Direct link to YouTube Video (August 16th) from WCCO CBS Minnesota.

No comments: