Wednesday, August 04, 2021

2021 wildfire season: Montana wildfires updates

For the last few days I have been reflecting on the current wildfires burning in Montana, partly because the New Jersey Forest Fire Service has or had engines with crew deployed to Montana to help fight the wildfires in Montana but also because I had friends who used to live in Montana. I wanted to write something here to acknowledge the bad wildfire season in Montana and to lend my support to the wildland firefighters on the ground and in the air battling these wildfires. Kudos to all wildland firefighters in Montana fighting these blazes. Thank-you widlfire crews for protecting those who live or work in or near areas impacted by wildfires. Here are some wildfires currently burning in Montana that have burned over 10,000 acres, courtesy of Inciweb. It is my intention to include all such wildfires in the list below, but I may have missed some.

Direct link to YouTube video from NBC Montana


No comments: