Monday, August 23, 2021

2021 wildfire season: update on 737 tanker Marie Bashier

The New South Wales Rural Fire Service heard our request for help and loaned us their 737 tanker, Tanker 210, known as The Marie Bahsier for what I understand is a six week deployment (see my August 11th post for more information). She arrived here in the United States at the end of July and has been hard at work since that time. I continue to send my heartfelt thanks to The Marie Bashier and her crew. Thank-you so much for your service in support of wildland firefighters on the ground. Stay safe so that you can go home to your families. I understand that you have dropped about 1.3 million litres (343,424 gallons) of water on 30 fires Some of you may want to go to this Facebook post for a short video of The Marie Bashier.


No comments: