Wednesday, October 20, 2021

2021 wildfire season crew videos: Midewin Hotshots

I think that all wildland fire and engine crews are special, and I always try to honor what all of you as you work to keep us safe from wildfires, sacrificing time away from your family and loved ones. That being said, I do my best to pay special attention to the Midewin Interagency Hotshot Crew, based out of the Midewin Tallgrass Prairie in Wilmington, Illinois, located in the area served by the Eastern Area Coordination Center. I live in New Jersey, one of the States served by the EACC.

Around this time of year, wildland fire crews are releasing their videos summarizing their 2021 wildfire season. I like these videos because I get a small insight into what each crew does during their fire season. I know that some of you share my interest in these crew videos, and I am not the only one who shares these videos. I recently came across the 2021 crew video from the Midewin Interagency Hotshots, and I think it appropriate that theirs is the first 2021 crew video that I am sharing with you. Allow just under eight minutes for the video. Thanks Midewin Hotshots for your service, enjoy your time off with your loved ones. 



No comments: