Wednesday, October 27, 2021

About Firestorms

As regular readers know, I am always interested in learning more about weather as affects wildland firefighting and as affects the development of a wildfire. I would like to thank my friends at the NJFFS Section B10 website who a great video several days ago on firestorms. The video is part of a series called Weather Classroom by KREM 2 News, out of Spokane Washington, Meteorologist Thomas Patrick. The video that I am sharing with you is about Firestorms, based on Fire storms that burned near Spokane in October, 1991. While the wildfires he is speaking about burned in Washington and Orego, I think that his discussion is good science that can apply in areas outside of those States. Enjoy. Allow about 10 minutes to watch the video,

Direct link to video on YouTube from KREM 2 News

No comments: