Wednesday, October 13, 2021

NWS Incident Meteorologists: 2021 Stats (Oct 13th)

I interrupt writing the one or two additional posts that I will be making on the 1871 Peshtigo Fire. Perhaps not a bad thing. This is a work in progress and after some interruptions due some now resolved technological issues, I have an idea for one article and some more reading to do for what may be a second article. So Stay tuned.

When I went on Facebook this morning to check out news on deployments of NWS Incident Meteorologists (IMETs) and other news affecting IMETs, I noted that  those behind the US National Weather Service IMET Facebook page had posted some statistics earlier this morning (October 13, 2021). I am not sure when their cutoff is for these numbers, probably a day or so ago. That does not matter. I had wondered about the number of IMET deployments this year as it seemed to me that IMETs were having a busy year. And I was right, this year has set a record for IMET missions of 209 missions breaking the record of 208 missions in 2006. 

Thanks to all IMETs for your service during a difficult wildfire year out west. IMETs save lives. 


No comments: