Wednesday, December 01, 2021

2021 wildfire season: Grindstone Fire (Pilot Mt., NC) Update (Dec 1st)

With the intent of writing a follow-up article about the wildfire that is still currently burning on Pilot Mountain, in Pilot Mountain State Park (Surry County, NC), I went to the North Carolina Forest Service (NCFS) Webpage to see what additional information I could find out. It did not take me long to find the name of this fire, Grindstone Fire. I first found what I thought was the fire on Pilot Mountain on their map, but as I am not familiar with their geography, I wanted some more confirmation. I found this press release from the North Caroline Forest Service (dated November 30th) with information about the Grindstone Fire, satisfying me that the Grindstone Fire is burning on Pilot Mountain in Surry County, NC. According to the aforementioned NCFS press release, the fire had burned 1,050 acres and is at 20 percent containment as of 3PM on November 30, 2021.


Direct link to video on YouTube from WFMYNews2

No comments: