Monday, November 29, 2021

2021 wildfire season: Pilot Mountain NC

 Thanks to my friends at the daily videos posted by the NJFFS SectionB10, I learned of a wildfire burning in Pilot Mountain State Park in Surry County NC. According to WXII12, the fire was first reported on Saturday, November 27th; three to four hundred acres have burned to to date. "Jimmy Holt, of the North Carolina Forest Service, said crews are putting containment lines at the base of the mountain and letting the fire burn downhill, all while securing structures (November 29th, WXII12 report). I never know how long links to reports on broadcast media will remain active, but the link is active as I write this and I suspect it will be active for while longer.

Here are is a video report from FOX8 WGHP

Direct link to video from Fox8 WGHP on YouTube


No comments: