Friday, March 04, 2011

What's coming up

I am going to be busy for the next few days and may not be able to update this blog for a few days. So, I am taking the opportunity to share with you about what will be coming up over the next couple of months.

Late last year, I got interested in learning more about the B-17, aka the Flying Fortress. Many of you know that she was a heavy bomber in WWII. A few B-17's were used as tankers up until sometime around 1980, give or take a couple of years. My original intention was to write a series of articles on the B-17 focusing on her military history and her use as a tanker a couple of months ago. Then I got distracted by a nasty sinus infection and one thing lead to another and I did not get back to the B-17. Well, writing this series is my next priority, but I still need to put my notes together in a form that will later end up as a series of articles. So, be patient and stay tuned. My goal is to start posting this series along about March 17 give or take a couple of days.

A second upcoming series will focus on spending a couple of days watching one of the Cessna that I take scenic rides in get her annual inspection. I'm not quite sure when this will post, it could be awhile.

Finally, the spring fire season here in NJ is approaching and those of you who have been following this blog know that I try to write updates about wildfire activity here in NJ.

No comments: