Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Aerial Applications in NJ Cranberry Bogs: part 1

I had a wonderful morning with my friends from Downstown Aero Crop Services observing their operations as they applied fertilizer to cranberry bogs in the NJ Pine Barrens Two Ag Cats and one Air Tractor 602 fertlized 700 acres of cranberry bogs in three hours. I will be writing much more about my trip in future posts. For now, I am offering a preview of things to come by posting a few photos of today's operations. These photos are taken at an air strip not from the cranberry bogs.

I have a lot more pictures that I am just beginning to go through. More will come, I promise.

Each bag of fertilizer weighs 1,600 pounds.

This is the fertilizer that Downstown applied today

Fertilizer on dock outside "dry area" The runway of the air strip is in the background
Air Tractor 602 taxiing for take-off for aerial application run

Air Tractor just after lift-off

Ag Cat taxiing for take-off for aerial application run

Ag Cat just after lift off from air strip



Ag Cat applying fertilizer on cranberry bog in the NJ Pine Barrens
Air Tractor 602 applying fertilizer on cranberry bog in the NJ Pine Barrens

No comments: