Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sandy coming to mid-atlantic

Obtained from http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ on 10/27/12 @ 11 PM EDT



I suspect that by know most of you know that what is now known as Hurricane Sandy is due to make landfall Monday evening, perhaps as a tropical storm. At the time I write this the National Hurricane Center is call for Sandy to make landfall in southern NJ. But this could change between now and Monday evening.

There is not much more I am going to say about Sandy at the moment. But I do want to say that I am in the process of preparing some articles that I hope will automatically post on this blog for the coming week and perhaps into the first part of the following week in the event that I am without power and internet access for several days. I am continuing the series of articles that I have been writing out of my visit last week to Chatsworth NJ to see my friends at Downstown do some aerial applications of dry fertilizer to some cranberry bogs. I also got a chance to visit a couple of cranberry bogs. I have two articles prepared for automatic posting on 10/29 and 10/31(I hope), and two more that I will do tomorrow for automatic posting on 11/2 and 11/5. What I won't get a chance to do this weekend is to do some of finishing touches on these articles, that will have to come later. Nor will I attempt to do the final two or three articles in this series. Those too will have to come later.

If I am able, I will post here next week to let you know how I made out.

No comments: