Friday, October 26, 2012

Red Flag and High Wind Warnings for Southern California

Obtained from http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/FXC/wxstory.php?wfo=lox on 10/26/12
While I've been spending a great deal of my time of late working on aerial applications in NJ's cranberry bogs and related reading, I have been trying to pay attention to what is going on wildfire wise elsewhere. To that end, I did notice that red flag warnings and high wind warnings due to Santa Anna winds are in effect through Saturday, October 27 in Southern California. Related articles on these warnings may be found on weather dot com and CBS Los Angeles. I found this graphic on the website for the NWS LosAngeles-Oxnard Office a short time before I wrote this article on Friday, Oct. 26.

I will admit to being somewhat preoccupied with my own preparations for Hurricane Sandy due to make landfall this coming Monday somewhere on the east coast between the Mid-Atlantic and New England. That being said, if I'll do my best to keep you informed should any larger wildfires break out in southern California.

No comments: