Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday morning - Sandy is almost upon us

I just set up articles for automatic posting through Friday, Nov. 9 on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule.

Hurricane Sandy or what is left of her as she soon transition into what is known as extra- or post-tropical will impact a large area of the Mid-Atlantic, New England and into eastern Canada. I hope that every one living in one of those areas is staying safe.

As I write this we have had 4/10th of inch of rain since the rain arrived in my neck of the woods sometime after 7 AM. The latest wind observation was 8 mph sustained with gusts up to 29 mph. Areas in south Jersey have already seen over 3 inches of rain as it started raining there Sunday afternoon with winds gusting in excess of 40 mph. NJ's barrier islands are under a mandatory evacuation order since 4PM yesterday afternoon. The next high tide is due this evening along with our full moon and the arrival of Sandy late tonight.

If any of you are so inclined, I was just checking out the Press of Atlantic City website, they have a page devoted to Sandy with a live camera at Atlantic City along with other stories that may be found on this Press of Atlantic City webpage.

I'll report back when I am able. In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy the articles that I have set up for automatic posting through Friday, November 9.

Stay safe everyone!

No comments: