Monday, October 15, 2012

Aerial Applications -- Agricultural Aviation: Introduction



Some of you may recall that I wrote several articles last spring about some time I spent with my friends at Downstown Aero Crop Services, all those articles may be found here. I have been reading up on agricultural aviation of late, and am hoping to write more about agricultural aviation within the next week or so. I have some irons in the fire so to speak, and when I am done working with those irons, I'll be ready to write some articles here and include articles on their shops, SEAT operations, and their aerial application operations. I had a chance to fly over some cranberry bogs courtesy of Downstown, and offered some reflections on what I had learned about ag aviation here. I am starting back on this project of learning more about ag aviation picking up where I left off last spring.

My friends at Downstown suggested that I subscribe to AgAir Update, a newsletter devoted to agricultural aviation, and gave me a copy of Ag Air Update which I read from cover to cover. I finally did so last week and have enjoyed their electronic weekly newsletters and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my first issue in snail mail as a subscriber.

So while I've been doing some background reading and research on agricultural aviation, I thought that you might the video that I found courtesy of my new friends at AgAir Update, via their webpage. You will note that the title of the video is crop duster. I understand that the preferred term is aerial applications and not crop dusting. I'm still learning so I can't really say much more than that at the moment. Stay tuned as I take you along on my journey as I continue to learn more about the world of agricultural aviation.

No comments: