Wednesday, October 09, 2013

MInden's Next Generation "Fireliner" BAe-146



link to video

It's been awhile since I wrote about the status of the Next Generation Tankers. I know that Coulson's C-130Q made her first drop on a fire on Sept. 20, 2013 (article from Fire Aviation). Recall that a DC-10 tanker has been flying under the Next Generation Tanker Contract since early summer. See my hopefully up to date status of the Next Generation Tankers on my Airtankers 101 page for more information on the Next Generation Tanker Contracts.

I don't think that the tankers from Minden, Aero Air, and Aero Flite are flying on contract yet. However, I recently came upon this video of Minden's Next Generation Tanker taking off on a flight test (also linked to on my Airtankers 101 page). The flight test shown on the video was done in early June 2013. Minden has dubbed this BAe-146 tanker the Fireliner, and you may go the Fireliner page on Minden's site to find out more about her including information on her specifications and performance.


No comments: