Friday, November 19, 2021

Historical Air Tankers: Martin Mars

The Martin Mars will always be a special lady, she did a lot of good work over many years flying in support of wildland firefighters on the ground. I first met the Martin Mars, so to speak, fairly early on in my interest in aerial wildland firefighting through a friend of mine who introduced me to her through our e-mail correspondence. I first wrote about her in 2009, see for example this post from May 2009 (a couple of the links are dead, that happens). I believe, that I first saw her fly a fire through a live stream of aerial operations over the Station Fire in California (2009). She was a sight to behold and I was mesmerized watching her on live stream. 

On some Fridays I like to have what I call Friday Fun where I post an aviation video(s) I enjoy. For today's Friday Fun I am sharing a couple of videos of the Martin Mars.


Direct link to video from Airailimages on Youtube


Direct link to video on Youtube from Niceprguy2

No comments: