Monday, May 23, 2022

2022 wildfire season: NWS Incident Meteorologist (IMET) deployments (May 17-23)

I will periodically through the 2022 wildfire season post deployments of NWS Incident Meteorologists. IMETs are usually deployed for a two week period, bringing their equipment with them. On larger fires there may be more than one IMET deployed to a fire. IMET trainees are also deployed to fires to work with an IMET.  For more information on the important work that IMETs do please see the links in my April 25th post.

Today I am sharing IMET deployments from May 17 through May 23rd. To the best of my knowledge there were no deployments on May 18th and 22nd. I had to redo half of the links, the links are to NWS IMET Operation's twitter account and as applicable Inciweb for fire information (at the time I wrote this blog entry). To the best of my knowledge access to the IMET Operations on Twitter does not require a Twitter account. I have checked the links prior to updating this post, any errors are my responsibility.

In addition to focusing on the important work that IMETs are doing to help save lives, the fires that IMETs are working on represent some of the then current wildfires burning in the United States. These fires are but a small percentage of all the wildfires burning in the United States at the time I am making this post.

May 17th deployments

May 19th deployment

May 20th deployments
May 21st deployment
May 23rd deployment

No comments: