Wednesday, July 06, 2022

2022 NJ wildfire season: Meadow Road Fire (Middlesex County)

As I was making my rounds yesterday afteroon on the internet to see wildfire and related news in New Jersey, I learned about the Meadow Road wildfire that was burning in Edison (Middlesex County), NJ. The fire which was reported early in the afternoon of July 5th was reported to be 100 percent contained at about 6 PM on July 5th, 59 acres were burned. As I understand it, no structures were burned and there were no injuries. New Jersey News 12 reported on this fire on July 5th here.

I want to thank the New Jersey Forest Fire Service and mutual aid responders for working this fire and containing the fire a few hours after the fire was reported. I have learned over the years that what might start out a smaller or moderate sized fire can sometimes turn into a larger fire that could threaten homes, businesses, and cause injuries to firefighters and civilians. That did not happen here.

No comments: