Wednesday, November 30, 2022

2022 wildfires: Hurricane Ridge Fire (Haywood County NC)

As I am interested in current wildfires of any size currently burning in the United States because I know that in this day and age, wildfire season can run all year or at least from early spring into late fall in areas that receive snowfall. I did a little checking around to find out what  was going on. In my wonderings, I had seen reference to the Hurricane Ridge Fire in a remote section of North Carolina was first reported on November 23rd. I understand this fire has burned about 500 acres. There may be a specific page on the web devoted to this fire outside of media, but I have not found it. However, there is some media coverage, current as of the day I am writing this. ABC13 News out of Asheville NC has some coverage dated November 19th that may be found here, there have been smokey conditions along nearby highways. Rainfall Tuesday night into Wednesday November 30th may help firefighters as the work to contain the fire.

Here is a video report that I found on YouTube from WSPA 7News dated November 29th reporting on the Hurricane Ridge Fire.


Direct link to video from WSPA 7News on YouTube

No comments: