Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Sikorsky S-70i Fire Hawk helicopters revisited (2 of 2)

I am following up on the post I made on November 14th about the Sikorsky S-70i Firehawk. Bill Gabbert of Fire Aviation has a list of these Fire Hawks and the agency who operates them in his March 12, 2022 article, all are operated by agencies based in California. I want to close with embedding a couple of videos of CAL FIRE's S-70i Fire Hawk.

I start with a short video by Eli Hunter of an S-70i Fire Hawk landing.

Direct link to video by Eli Hunter on YouTube


Here is a video by Firedudes of an S-70-i Fire Hawk refilling.

Direct link to video by Firedudes on YouTube


I was not able to find a short video of an S70-i Fire Hawk working a fire, but in this short video below by CAL FIRE at about 35 seconds you will see a Fire Hawk dropping on what appears to be wildfire or a controlled burn. I am sure that there are videos out there of the S70-i Fire Hawk in action over a wildfire that I was not able to find.

Direct link to video by CAL FIRE on YouTube

No comments: