Wednesday, January 25, 2023

2022 Wildfire Season: Air Tanker Activity over a WildFire near Pocatello Idaho (Aug 10)

 On dreary winter day in western NJ I wanted to see some air tankers working wildfires, so I went to airailimages on YouTube and found a nice 11 minute video of air tankers working the Fort Hall Ross Fork fire near Pocatello, Idaho on August 10, 2022. According to the information in the video that I will share in a moment, the fire had burned over 6,300 acres on the Shoshone-Bannock Fort Hall Indian Reservation near Pocatello, Idaho. I have no other information on this fire asides from what is noted on YouTube (see link below. What is important to me is to see a couple of different air tankers (an Erickson MD87, an RJ85, some Single Engine Air Tankers) and at least one helicopter (with a bucket) working this fire along with some beautiful photography. 

Updated on January 28, 2022. I am slightly embarrassed that I did not immediately recall that this is not the first time I have seen this beautiful video by airailimages. I quick search of Fire Aviation on January 27 led me to Bill Gabbert's August 17th post of the video. So many of you have probably already seen this video and to those of you who have not, I hope you enjoy the video.

direct link to video by airailimages on YouTube

No comments: