Thursday, April 24, 2014

Major wildfire in Downe Twp (Cumberland County) NJ partially contained

As I write this, the latest update that I have from my friends at the New Jersey State Forest Fire Service Section B10 webpage (April 24th at 9:30 AM EDT) is that the fire is now at 1,500 acres with 55% containment, the increase in size may be due to back burning operations. I have some updated media links for you:

ABC News6 in Philadelphia (with video and photo gallery)
South Jersey Times (with photo gallery)
Atlantic City Press

I'll try to be back later on today with an update on this fire. In the meantime, we continue with Red Flag Warnings in all of New Jersey and surrounding areas for today (April 24th) from 11 AM to 8 PM.

Recall that I posted some aerial photos of the fire last night taken from Charlie2. Here are two more photos that I got this morning from my friends at Downstown Aero, also taken from Charlie2 yesterday. Photos by Edward Carter Jr.

Edited 12:55 PM on April 24th: Note I had mistakenly attributed these photos as being taken from Charlie3. Thanks to my friends from Downstown Aero for the correction, telling me that the photos were taken from Charlie2.

Update on April 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM EDT: the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Section B10 website only keeps reports on major fires on the home page for a few days after the fire. At the time I write this, they are no longer providing reports/updates for this fire on their home page.







No comments: