Thursday, April 10, 2014

Just in -- wildland firefighters battling brush fire (Edison NJ)

I was perusing some media outlets just now when I came across a short report on NJ dot com about a wildfire burning in Edison (Middlesex County) NJ near the Raritan Center, the story from NJ dot com may be found here. I then went to the NJ Forest Fire Section B10 and saw that they just reported on the fire in the "Current NJ Wildfire Activity" section on their homepage (scroll down a bit).

I will update this thread later on as I find out more information on this wildfire.

Update: April 10, 2:50 PM As I write this, this fire, reported at about 11 AM, continues to burn with a noticeable smell of smoke. I'm not quite sure how many acres have burned. I saw a report on News12New Jersey (not publicly available) and also on the the website of NJ Forest Fire Section B10 that a helicopter with a bucket was making drops on the fire.


Update: 6:20 PM Fire has burned approximately 250 acres and according to this report with video by ABC7 in NYC is at 95 percent containment. An updated article (with photos) is also available from NJ dot com.

No comments: