Friday, April 25, 2014

Springer Brook Fire (Shamong Twsp NJ, Wharton State Forest) contained

I learned from my friends from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Section B10 website (in an update at 1700 hours EDT today) that the Springer Brook Fire that I first wrote about earlier today has been contained. I am uncertain of the total acreage burned, when I know I'll update this thread. A thread on the Springers Brook fire on the Wildand Fire hotlist may be found here. A news article on this fire and some of yesterday's fire may found here. Updated on April 28th, final acreage burned is 200 acres.

Edward Carter Jr., pilot of Charlie-1 (Air Tractor 602, 600 gallons) made some drops on the Springer Brook Fire along with Bravo 1 (another Air Tractor 602). Eddie gave me permission to share this photos with you. These photos were taken by Eddie over the Springer Brook Fire earlier today. Thanks Eddie! (Note: I had one photo posted twice, and I removed the duplicate on April 27, 2014).

Update on April 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM EDT: the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Section B10 website only keeps reports on major fires on the home page for a few days after the fire. At the time I write this, they are no longer providing reports/updates for this fire on their home page.







No comments: