Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thank-you firefighters for good work!!

I want to pause, a day late, and say thank-you to all the New Jersey Forest Fire Service fire fighters, all those who responded under mutual aid agreements, the pilots and ground personnel from Downstown Aero and all the various support personnel for the great job you did last week (April 21 through April 25) fighting the major wildland fires as well as numerous smaller fires during some very extreme fire weather. No one died. To the best of my knowledge, no one was injured. There was some property damage, but no residences were destroyed.

I am proud of all of you and am glad that everyone is safe.

I'd like to thank my friends from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Section B10 webpage and Downstown Aero for providing me with some important information on the fires last week. The information you provided me last week was invaluable. I am so very grateful for the couple of minutes you took to send me a quick e-mail update and/or answer some questions I had. Thanks to Edward Carter Jr for the permission to post his photos (here and here).

I'll be back later this afternoon or tomorrow with some more information on last week's wildfires.

No comments: