Thursday, April 24, 2014

Update on "Railroad Fire" in Downe Twsp, NJ

I wrote here about the 1,500 acre wildfire burning in the Edward G. Bevan Wildlife Management Area in Downe Township, Cumberland County New Jersey. To the best of my knowledge, this fire -- The Railroad Fire -- remains at 1,500 acres. I am hearing conflicting reports about how much of the wildfire is contained. So, for now I will stick with the Railroad Fire being at 55 percent containment.

Updated at 11:21 PM EDT on April 24th According to my friends at the New Jersey Forest Fire Service Website, the Railroad Fire is now at 85 percent containment. Acreage burned, including burn out operations, remains at about 1,500 acres.

Update on April 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM EDT:  This fire is now contained. The New Jersey Forest Fire Service Section B10 website only keeps reports on major fires on the home page for a few days after the fire. At the time I write this, they are no longer providing reports/updates for this fire on their home page.


No comments: