Friday, April 26, 2013

A visit to NJFFS Air Attack Base at Aeroflex-Andover-pt 2


Today I am going to share some photos of the G-164-A (Radial) Ag-Cats, Alpha 3 & 4, that were at Aeroflex-Andover when I visited this past Monday. But before I do that I want to show you a photo of the 300-gallon hopper of a G-164-A Ag-Cat and a photo of the 400-gallon hopper of the Turbo-Cat. I don't know about you, but I was wondering about the larger hopper on a plane that used to have a smaller 300-gallon hopper. I learned the answer to that during my visit to Aeroflex-Andover this past Monday from Joe, one of Downstown's pilots. When Joe was showing me the Turbo Cat, one of the first things we talked about was the larger, 400-gallon, hopper on the Turbo Cat. He pointed to the portion of the hopper that is visible on the outside of the plane, pointing to a "bulge" in the larger hopper that is not present in the smaller 300-gallon hopper of the G-164-A Ag-Cat. It seems that the larger, 400-gallon, hopper in the Turbo Cat accounts for this "bulge." I have circled the hopper (in yellow) in each of the photos.

Turbo-Cat, hopper circled in yellow
 G-164-A Ag Cat, hopper circled in yellow

Here are some photos of the two G-164-A Ag Cats.

G-164-A Ag Cat

G-164-A Ag Cat

G-164-A Ag Cat

G-164-A Ag Cat, Turbo-Cat in background

G-164-A Ag Cat

No comments: